On Tuesday 11 January 2000 Oleg Zalyalov wrote:
> I like UltraEdit. It is multiwindow and is almost always resides in my
> tray.  If  I will have to close external editor to let TB! know that I
> have  finished  message  editing  -- I don't like the idea of using my
> favorite editor within TB!

Yes, that is unworkable.

> Next,  I will be not able of using quick templates in external editor.

Or auto-completion of header lines, integration of the Address Book
into header lines. Another point: sending a freshly composed email now
becomes a two-stage process. You first have to save&exit the editor,
then tell The Bat! how you want to send (Send Now, Queue in Outbox,
Save Draft, Abort).

Integration of email specific functions into the editing environment
is a powerful feature which I would not want to lose. On the other
hand, there are many aspects of the The Bat!'s editor which I would
like to see improved.

If the scripting engine and object model were powerful enough, then it
would be just about possible to replace The Bat!'s editor with a more
powerful external editor without losing too much of the nice
integration features.

John
--
you gave me something that i could touch in a world where i'd had too much
something i could feel with my broken hands full of lost ideals but soon i'm