Hi Allie,

On  29 January 2000  at  08:03:31 GMT  -0500 (which was 13:03 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points:

>> I am switching from Eudora to The Bat. I receive a php mailinglist
>> in digest form. It displayed in the message in Eudora, but in The
>> Bat it is displaying as a series of attachments with names such as
>> php.73111. Is there a way to get the whole thing to display in the
>> message, as per Eudora?

AM> I myself am receiving mail from a list in digest form and am
AM> wondering how TB! managed to make proper support of MIME digests
AM> slip through it's fingers for so long. With the present support,
AM> MIME digest perusing is really cranky at best. I understand that
AM> we have to wait for version 2 before we get proper support.

Except  that what is being requested here is the opposite. Those of us
who  have  been  on the list a while know that the lack of proper Mime
Digest  support  is one of Alex's chief complaints and his main reason
for  staying  with  the  'P'  program.  This  request  is  for  *less*
discrimination  of  digests than TB is giving right now - to congeal a
digest  into  a  single,  long  message,  instead  of breaking it into
component attachments.

FWIW, if the attachments are content type Text then they should appear
as  Tabs  at  the bottom of the view window. Each Tab should contain a
distinct  message. This should get around the lack of discernable file
extension  and  the  resulting lack of association for the attachments
when  you  attempt  to open then. I don't know for sure - I have never
wanted   nor  requested  digests,  preferring  separate  and  threaded
messages.

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>