Hello Allie,

>> That's  true. You can see it when attaching a very large file to a
>> new message via the "attach a file" button. Using d&d it works
>> well.

AM>         Funny I just attached a 30MB file using the attach file
AM> toolbar button with no problem. Where exactly does the problem with
AM> attaching using this method occur?

It takes a long time, TB uses loads of memory, sometimes you get to
see that "memory exhausted" dialog. Then sometimes TB crashes... but
sometimes, it works after all.

>>  About receiving  mail...  I've not seen TB fault on this, but I've
>> sometimes got the impression that throughput is poor with large
>> mails. Receiving a  mail of, say, 8 MB seems to take significantly
>> longer than ftping a file that size. I didn't doublecheck with a
>> stopwatch, so I can't give values.

AM>         Is that really a fair comparison?

As I meant a file that has 8MB when already base64-encoded, I don't
know why it shouldn't be.

Best regards,
 Oliver                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]