Hi Allie Martin,

On Tuesday, February 15, 2000 at 12:55:06 AM you wrote:

>>   Yes,  I'm  a  bad, bad boy for sending email that big. Who cares.
>> Fix  the  problem.  Why should TB! use in excess of 192 megs of ram
>> when trying to import (or open) an email with a 8 meg attachment?!

>         This problem is as you say old. Since I don't practice sending
> large e-mail attachments <g>, I can only give second hand information.
> It was said that dragging and dropping the attachment anywhere unto
> the TB! main window creates a new message with the attachment without
> hassle.

That's  true. You can see it when attaching a very large file to a new
message via the "attach a file" button. Using d&d it works well. About
receiving  mail...  I've not seen TB fault on this, but I've sometimes
got the impression that throughput is poor with large mails. Receiving
a  mail of, say, 8 MB seems to take significantly longer than ftping a
file that size. I didn't doublecheck with a stopwatch, so I can't give
values.

Oliver Sturm

--
This Virus requires Microsoft Windows.
--

Key ID: 71D86996
Fingerprint: 8085 5C52 60B8 EFBD DAD0  78B8 CE7F 38D7 71D8 6996