Hello SyP,

Friday, May 12, 2000, 11:57:31 AM, you wrote:

S> Hello The Bat! users,

S> Steve Lamb wrote on 5/12/2000, 7:39 PM

>>> My thebat.exe is now only takes up 1073 KB...

SL>> On disk. It is still 3.1Mb in memory. The run-time compressors
SL>> were cool in the day when the 240Mb HD was "large". In these days
SL>> of 12Gb drives at Best Buy for $89 the difference between 1mb and
SL>> 3mb is pittance.

S> OK, call me petty-minded if you like, but I don't like wasting MBs if
S> I can avoid it... It's a matter of personal tastes, you know.

Using the compressed executable, my mouse cursor freezes momentarily a
couple of times after clicking the desktop TB! startup icon. I'm
guessing this is during decompression. After installing the uncompressed
1.42f, the freezing is gone. Ergo, I prefer the uncompressed file.

Best regards,
 Quin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers." - Erik Pepke

Using The Bat! 1.42f under Windows 95 4.0 Build 950  on a Pentium 133 with 88MB RAM.