Hallo Jack,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:09:59 -0500GMT (27-6-2011, 15:09 , where I
live), you wrote:

JSL> Well, I'm one of those fools that upgrades software JUST
JSL> BECAUSE AN UPGRADE IS MADE AVAILABLE.

The  same  goes for me and TB, but in my case that means I've using v5
version after  v5 version since the early alphas.

JSL> Usually this doesn't cause a problem but as I reported earlier,
JSL> my screen display when showing folder properties in v5 is
JSL> corrupted.

That  isn't  a  v5  problem,  I  haven't  run into it in any of the v5
verrsions I've been using.

<snip>

JSL> So, I decided to revert to the most recent version I had kept,
JSL> v4.2.44. I double-clicked the .msi file and went through the
JSL> motions for installing TB! and was subsequently informed that it
JSL> had installed. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that nothing
JSL> had changed!

That's  typical  for the msi system, its mantra goes like: Thou shallt
not  downgrade. Sometimes itg'll tell you that wiull not do that, just
as often it doesn't say anything at all.
The  way to go is to uninstall v5 and next install v4. You won't loose
any messages as the installer won't touch any user data.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

"Off with %ToFName%-'s head!" shouted the Moderator
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 5.0.16
Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2
5 pop3 accounts, 3 imap account
OTFE disabled
Quad Core 2.4GHz
4 GB RAM