Hello Thomas,

On Thursday, August 04, 2011 you wrote:

TP> hello Roelof and Jack,

>> On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:58:47 -0500GMT (4-8-2011, 16:58 , where I
>> live), Jack wrote:

JSL>>> The font in "C" is the one in question and as I compose this
JSL>>> email I see that it's also the font being used in this "New
JSL>>> Message".  I have been through Account Properties, Folder
JSL>>> Properties and Options>Preferences without success.

TP> Roelof responded:

>> What about
>>  Options -> Preferences -> Viewer/Editor -> Profile Layout

TP> That's  the  place  I need to go to change fonts too.  I have recently
TP> messed  with (upgraded) cpu, memory, OS (to Windows 7) and video card.
TP> I can see that there is a "font face" and "size" box, but I cannot get
TP> to  them.   They  are  off  the bottom of the box and I cannot seem to
TP> figure out how to get to them.

TP> I would appreciate any suggestions.

While this may not help you, I've found myself in similar
situations and subsequently learned my problems lay in the
desktop screen properties.  Close all windows (Windows
key+D) and right-click anywhere on the desktop.  Select
PROPERTIES and either or both of the tabs APPEARANCE or
SETTINGS can have the effect you describe.

Hopefully someone with considerably more knowledge that I
will also respond to your query.

--
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 4.2.44.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3