09/10/2013 09:44

I  had  a  hard  drive  failure and had to try and re install The Bat!
4.2.44.2 from a daily back up. This failed part through with an unable
to read file error...

Luckily TB! database was on a D: drive so i did a fresh install of TB!
and tried copying the rest across. It's 90% working fine now, but when
I change folder view modes for and individual folder, either by Folder
-  Folder  View  Mode  _  <whatever  view mode required>  or by folder
properties  it  does not always "take". Sometimes toggling the All and
Unread  lower  left  flags  in  the  message list pane does the trick,
sometimes  it  doesn't.  Could  it  be  a corrupt file? Where does TB!
4.2.44.2  store  these settings? Any help appreciated. this is not the
first  time  a  read  error  has occurred trying to restore form a TB!
generated  backup  file.  The file was about 3gig in size, but my file
system  under  my  Windows XP Pro SP3 system handles bigger files than
that  fine.  Is  this  backu  sytsem  known  to be flaky, and I better
copying the whole of the directory structure each night? Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.