Hi

On Saturday 1 March 2014 at 12:09:27 PM, in
<mid:269425248.20140301130...@ags.lu>, Adrian Godfrey wrote:

> Gmail ignores whatever is set in your email client.

Ignoring users' settings is certainly one version of interpreting them
differently.

> When  you  set  up POP, you have to choose between
> "mark Gmail copy as read" and "Delete Gmail copy" at
> the website.

Standard stuff for email services that have both POP and website
access, but gmail is the only one I have encountered that fails to
"keep messages on server for X days."

> Gmail  also  has  the nasty habit of breaking email
> clients (the error log fills up with "web login
> required" if you access the  Internet  with  a
> different  IP  address.

I have not had this with gmail, but one of my yahoo accounts does it.

> Not unusual at all for people
> with laptops who travel.

Or for people without static IP addresses on their home connection.
Mine sometimes stays the same for a few months and sometimes changes
multiple times per day.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net

When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3