Thursday, July 28, 2016, 11:20:06 AM, Jack wrote:

JSL> Well I finally made the leap to Win 10 before the cutoff date for the free
JSL> upgrade (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and it seems to have gone ok. Except -
JSL> Whenever I try to close TB I get an error message which states:

JSL> Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)/The Bat!/jackADDRESSBOOK.INI

JSL> Anyone else experience this after going to Windows 10, and if so, what can
be
JSL> done about it? The only other hiccup I've seen is that the Windows
information
JSL> macros no longer work as you can see from my sig.

I'm not positive, but I'm guessing this is a permissions issue. The Program
Files directories require special permissions to write into. If you click on
your account in the tree in TB!, the pane that usually shows your email listing
by folder will now show your acocunt settings. It'll list Program Mail
Directory and Account Home Directory with Edit links on the far right. I think
if change the Program Mail Directory to %APPDATA%\The Bat!\ that will point it
to C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\The Bat!\. Once you've
copied all your mail folders over to this directory, you can point your Account
Home Directory(ies) appropriately.

Of course, back everything up before attempting this.

I'm just pulling this from memory, so if anyone else can confirm or fix what
I've suggested...?

Good luck!

-Sam