Hello Adrian,

On Friday, July 29, 2016 you wrote:

AG> Friday, July 29, 2016, 5:47:01 PM, you wrote:

>> I'm pretty sure
>> my Win 7 user account was as an administrator

AG> Nit  a good idea to login to Windows with administrator rights all the
AG> time.  Apart  from  actual  software  installs,  you  should look very
AG> critically  at  software  that  won't run without administrator rights
AG> after  it  has  been installed. Apart from CD burning software, almost
AG> nothing else should need administrator rights.

I was almost ready to change my account to administrator when I checked User
Accounts in Control Panel. It shows me as an administrator already, prompting
yet
another brain meltdown (if I'm already an administrator, why wouldn't TB! run
properly?)

I queried the web about administrator accounts in Windows 10 and found this
interesting URL:
http://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-to-enable-the-hidden-windows-10-administrator-account/
It explained that there are two administrator accounts in Win 10, one of which
is not initially enabled. My account is the one that is enabled but gets UAC
prompts. The other one apparently does not. So, in the interest of safety I've
elected to tolerate the UAC prompts from now on and will not enable the other
administrator account.

Thanks for your help and concerns.

--
Regards,