On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 13:15:33 -0800,Melissa wrote:
> Also, I'm noticing something peculiar with checking messages via the
> IMAP account...

> The "Connection Centre" doesn't pop up on-screen automatically as it
> does when I check for new mail in my POP accounts, but apparently, it
> does open (have to click on it to show on-screen). However, it says
> it's in "IDLE mode", and I have to "abort all" and manually close the
> "Connection Centre", or it will just sit there, apparently doing
> nothing.

That's because it's IMAP.

Wikipedia tells us (amongst other things) that:

   When using POP, clients typically connect to the e-mail server briefly, only
as
   long as it takes to download new messages. When using IMAP4, clients often
stay
   connected as long as the user interface is active and download message
content
   on demand. For users with many or large messages, this IMAP4 usage pattern
can
   result in faster response times.

and that:

   IMAP4 clients need to maintain a TCP/IP connection to the IMAP server in
order
   to be notified of the arrival of new mail.

So I think it just comes with the change in protocol

-- Robin

Using The Bat! v8.8.9
      Windows 10.0 Build 18362
      Popfile v1.1.3