Hello MFPA,

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 you wrote:

M> Hi

M> On Monday 26 August 2019 at 5:15:46 PM, in
M> <mid:441136254.20190826111...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:-

>> I just noticed that one of the macros in my sig no
>> longer works. You'll see that
>> none of the "Windows" macros returns the actual
>> version number which is 10. Any thoughts?

M> My first thought is that I didn't realise "Windows 10" was an actual
M> version number, rather than a marketing name like Windows
M> 95/98/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7/8. However, when I open a command window the
M> first line says:-
M>       Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.885]

M> This seems to match the string "Windows 10.0 Build 17134" in my
M> signature, so at least some of the Windows version macros work in TB!
M> v8.8.2.5 (BETA)(64-bit). My template has %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME %-
M> %WINDOWSMAJORVERSION.%WINDOWSMINORVERSION Build %- %WINDOWSBUILDNUMBER
M> %WINDOWSCSDVERSION%-. The last one of those macros seems to return
M> nothing, where I would have expected 885.

M> I also notice %THEBATVERSION macro fails to return the "(64-bit)"
M> suffix. I just reported this at
M> https://bt.ritlabs.com/view.php?id=1809.

Hmmm, interesting. When I open a command window the first line says "Microsoft
Windows [Version 10.0.17134.950]". The only difference is the last three
numbers.

I changed my sig to match yours and you can see the result. The only odd thing I
see is your use of the "percent,dash" in two places without anything following
it. That apparently made the difference but I don't see how unless
"percent,dash"
is just undocumented.

Anyway at least my sig now shows which version number I'm using.

Thanks once again M for helping me out.

--
Regards,
Jack LaRosa