Hi Jamie,

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:08:12 +0100GMT (08/08/2000, 15:08 +0800GMT),
Jamie Dainton wrote:

JD> Personally I believe that when on a public list where you may make
JD> controversial decisions or flame people being able to certify who you
JD> are is very necessary.

There is no flaming ion this list.

JD> No one would be able to impersonate me as I always sign with at least
JD> pgp or s/mime. While encryption is not (easily) possible on a list
JD> signing is necessary.

I disagree; in business, signing might be necessary. On mailing lists,
where everybody can use phantasy names and most use freemail accounts,
it is not necessary. If anybody wants to impersonate me on a mailing
list, the IQ level of that list must be so low that I might not want
to be a member anyway.

Especially, please do not blow your postings up to over 7K just
because of this S/Mime (which v.145 release doesn't recognise anyway -
you're on the TBUDL here). Some people pay internet charges per
download time; this list is meant to assist people who have problems
or questions with TB.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.45
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.