Hi Jerry,

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:57:05 -0400GMT (10/08/2000, 02:57 +0800GMT),
JM14 wrote:

J> I wish to keep the Trash folder from filling up with
J> messages I know I will not have second thoughts about having
J> deleted (the very large majority),

Put these message into the trash folder. The <del> key is convenient
for this.

J> while maintaining room for a manageable amount of deleted messages
J> I'd like to keep around a week or two before having them purged
J> automatically.

Move these messages into another folder, caled "maybe trash", which
will "keep messages for xx days". Use a filter which you invoke with
the short-cut key; for example hit <F11>. As simple as hitting <del>,
isn't it.

J> Or is there a way to create a filter that will direct messages with
J> a certain string in their header to a sub-Trash folder I could set
J> to purge itself each day?

If you close TB every day, "purge on exit" is fine for the trash
folder. If not, hit "empty trash" on a daily basis.

J> Or another solution that would, in effect, accomplish the
J> same thingT?

See above. Does that help you?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.45
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.