Hi Januk,

>> Is there a way to fully delete a message rather than send it to
>> the Trash folder, whence it will eventually be purged?

>  This has been asked a couple of times now, perhaps it is ready for
>  the FAQ treatment?

Agreed.

> ****WARNING:**** If  you use the Folder->Refilter option, any
> messages not caught by  other filters *WILL* be deleted.  Even if
> you don't want them to  be deleted.

It's indeed a nagging problem being unable to stop manual filters
from running. In this case, however, it can be worked around by
trying to make the filter string as "unmatchable" as possible. E.g.:

String: @      Location: Sender  Presence: No  and
String: @      Location: Sender  Presence: Yes

Since the two conditions are mutually exclusive, no message would
ever match. It won't affect the job we want it to do (to delete
messages without sending to the Trash folder) when the option "Check
the selected message against this rule" is cleared, as you said.

>  I think Ming-Li posted a discussion of this problem, but I admit that
>  I don't remember all the details.  I'll let him or someone else
>  expand further.  Unless of course I find his message first.

Except for the above, there's nothing more to add. I couldn't have
made it clearer than you did. :)

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3 | Win2k SP1