Hello Jan-Arild,

On  Monday, August 14, 2000  at  11:44:47 GMT +0200 (which was 2:44 AM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Hello All,

> Pressing the "Reply"-button opens up the "Message Editor Window" with
> the quote prefix preceding each line....as if you didn't know :) The
> strange thing is that only the last 4-5 lines of the message to which
> I am replying is visible in the editor. The rest of the original
> message, and also the scrollbar!, has disappeared, and the only way to
> get both back into view again is to press the "Page Up"-key on the
> keyboard.

> This happens _every time_ I reply to a message. Anyone who have
> experienced anything similar?

> Jan-Arild

 I had found a pattern some time ago, but nobody on the list seemed to
 respond.  Maybe my messages didn't get through or something.

 In essence, what I found is that the scroll bars are calculated on
 the amount of text in the message.  Have you noticed if you go to the
 beginning of these replies, then the text all fits into one screen?

 I can reproduce the lack of scroll bar problem at will.  Create a new
 message (or a reply, it doesn't matter).  Type a couple of lines,
 enough so it all fits in one screen with no scrolling.  Now use your
 keyboard keys (or scroll wheel mouse) to move down a few lines until
 your text is off screen.  Notice how the scroll bars do not appear.
 This also happens with the horizontal scroll bar.

 In your Note Tab Pro program, do you have a free caret interface
 active?  I think this may be the source of the trouble.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3