I'd like to save old mail messages in TB format.

(1) If I do that, is it possible to save only the message file and not
the index file? If I then try to read the message file by itself, will
it work without the index?

(2) The files would be renamed (date, etc added to name). If I do
this, can this file be read back easily, or does one have to set up
another folder for it? (I DON'T want to mix old and new messages at a
later time - just look at old ones only).

(3) Is it easier to save as a Unix file instead? I'd prefer this as I
then could strip off extra headers and save a bit of space.

(4) In a Unix file format, what are the MINIMUM required headers so TB
can read it OK?

(5) If I strip out the base64 coded part of attachments in the Unix
file, but leave the 'boundary' lines to show that there was an
attachment, will TB get confused by the 'boundary' lines still being
in there, without the base64 part?

Last, but not least, is there a better way to manage old Bat mail :-)?

Thanks,

ztrader