On Thursday, September 14, 2000, 8:11:07 AM, Thomas wrote:

> I am perfectly aware of this from a programming POV. However, from
> a user's POV, my database keeps growing and growing over years and
> years, and I don't even know about it.

> Shouldn't the Outbox be compressed by default?

Maybe. I'm not sure. In addition to sent (and automatically deleted)
messages, there are also manually deleted messages in the Outbox,
just as any other folder. Auto-compression would purge those
messages as well. It might be what the user wants, but it might not
be. The best solution, as has been suggested before, is a place for
the user to set the default properties for all the folders.

On second thought, though, I do set the Outbox to be compressed on
exit, while I don't do that for any other folder for an extra layer
of safety. So maybe it should be set as such by default for the
Outbox.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.46 Beta/6 | Win2k SP1