In Reference to "Keyboard shortcuts (was: Odd behavioural complaints? [was: Re:
Deleting messages and spacebarring through 'em])" From Ming-Li: "

M> Get the picture?

Hi Ming,  while I don't proclaim to speak for the "vocal veterans"
(whomever they are) let me take a stab at perhaps one explanation.

M> Q: why can't TB resort my folders automatically? why can't I
M> redefine shortcuts? why can't I re-arrange my toolbar buttons?
M> A: blah, blah, blah... (detailed answers and courteous through out)

This type of request has to do with the "mechanics" of the program.
People love playing and discussing with better ways to build the
mousetrap. ie: filter methods, interface, shortcuts, etc.  These are
requests that pertain to the "engine" of the program, so to speak.

M> Q: why can't I use proportional fonts? why can't I send html mail?
M> A: what a stupid request, you're unfit to be a parent (uh, to use
M> email, I mean), go back to LookOut... blah, blah, blah.

These type of questions have to do with fluff.  Power users despise
fluff.  Mention you want to fluffisize their program and the hair on
the back of their necks stands up.  They arch their backs and start
hissing.  They start spewing words faster than they can type 'em. They
see low income housing being built in their nice little neighborhood
and it's a call to arms for them.

...at least that's my thoughts.

--
ò¸ó Nick [MUA: TB! 1.47 Beta/5]