Hello Gerry,

GD = Gerry Doyon

On  Fri, 12 Jan 2001  at  08:33:58 GMT -0500 (which was 5:33 AM where
I live) witnesses say Gerry Doyon typed:

GD> My goal is to be able to "feed" TB! messages to send without having to
GD> run TB! with command line options to create/send this message for EACH
GD> message I want to send.

GD> In other words, another application will be created the a message in
GD> text and I want to be able to read this text file in and feed it to
GD> TB!

I'm not sure I'm understanding why the command line is not desirable.
If I understand correctly (I probably don't), you are creating the
message completely in your other program, and you want to import it
into the outbox to send, right?  If that is the case, have you tried
the /mail switch with the Text= option?

Of course using the /mail switch does not open the editor, so
depending on how much can be defined by the calling program, this may
not be appropriate.

If you don't mind sending the text file as an attachment, you could
always call TB with the filename as a parameter,
eg. "thebat.exe message.txt".

Are unique names used for the file names?  How much of the message is
defined by the calling program (eg Headers, Body, etc)?

Could you create a folder with a template that includes a temp file,
and use the /Focus option to use this folder from your calling
program?  Then you'd just need some tiny txt file to drop into the
folder to create a new message.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal