I'm  trying to understand how the Bat! deals with attachments.

I use 2 accounts, let's say AccountA and AccountB. Both accounts are
configured to store attachments in a separate directory, i.e.
\AccountA\Attach and \AccountB\Attach.

If I receive mail in AccountA, the attachment gets copied into its
\Attach directory. However, if I use a filter to move the message to
AccountB,  the  attachment seems to get embedded with the message when
the  move is performed. I can then manually delete the attachment from
the \AccountA\Attach directory.

It's not a major inconvenience, but I wonder if there is a way to have
the attachment moved to the destination account's \Attach directory?
That way, I could access the attached files directly from Windows
Explorer, e.g. over my network, instead of having to go through the
Bat!. I realise that I could achieve this by just leaving the
attachment in the initial account, but that way, would I not end up
with 2 copies of each attachment in my message base, one separate file
and one embedded?

Regards,
 Keith
Tuesday, January 30, 2001, 2:59 PM (ET)