On February 4, 2001, at 9:16:57 AM, Tony Owens Wrote:

TO> Just tested this twice on my system and it seems to work exactly
TO> as I'd expect (doesn't delete the attachment until the message is
TO> deleted from the Trash folder).

Yes, I must admit that when I specifically delete the message from the
Trash folder, the attachment is deleted as well. However, if you use the
menu item: Folder/Purge All Folders... which in fact "empties" the Trash
Folder, or in a similar fashion you choose the option to "Empty trash on
exit" which is basically the same thing, and then exit TB!, the
attachments are not deleted.

Nick

N.J. Andriash [ TB! v1.49c | PGP 7.0.3 | Win 98 SE ]
  Vancouver, B.C. Canada | PGP Key ID:  0x7BA3FDCE