A. Curtis Martin wrote:

MK>> I prefer to view the message threads by References rather than
MK>> Subject since I am used to viewing message threads by References.
MK>> If I view threads by Subject, I may loose track of the discussion
MK>> -- the order of which the message are received and threaded.

ACM> If you sort using received time, it's remarkable how well you can
ACM> follow the discussion when threading using subject.

I may try this setup:

  View | Display | All Messages (Ctrl =)
  View | Sort by | Received Time (Ctrl 1)
  View | Sort by | Descending Order (Ctrl 0)
  View | View Threads by | Subject (Alt 2)  <<-- change

Once I change TB! 1.49 to use this format, should I still experience
the Message Column Lists adjusting left/right when
collapsing/expanding the threads?

ACM> It's just that the thread breaks when the subject changes.

No problem there.  Actually, I like that when this happens.

--
Mark Knipfer
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]