Hi Jan,

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:15:00 -0500GMT (01/03/2001, 03:15 +0800GMT),
Jan Rifkinson wrote:

JR>   As I am frequently posting to Europe,

Me too. I run a Chinese Windows. Are you running an American windows?

I had to hack the registry to make TB display European characters:

HKLM/System/CurrentComntorlSet/Control/Associated Charset

Play around with the three values. For me it helped to set ANSI from
Yes to No.

JR> I'd like to use extended
JR>   characters like the accented 'e' in cafe, etc. I've been
JR>   un-successful getting some characters from the extended character
JR>   set to work. Then I tried the EN International keyboard but I got
JR>   stuck using TB! ALT-L & other shortcuts.

Of course, for writing, you need the KEYB driver.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.