Hi Ming-Li,

Thursday, April 05, 2001, 6:47:51 AM, you wrote:

ML> On Tuesday, April 03, 2001 at 22:47:56 -0700 Bubba wrote:

>> When I click on the "mailto:email-address" hyperlink, the main
>> page of The Bat! is launched, rather than the "Edit Mail Message"
>> screen. I just downloaded version 5.5 of the Microsoft Internet
>> Explorer browser and I'm still having this same problem.

ML> From Windows Explorer (not IE), please go to [Tools | Folder Options
ML> | File Types], and find a "file type" called "URL: MailTo Protocol".
ML> Click on the "Advanced" button and edit the "Open" action. Now there
ML> should be a window showing you how the protocol is handled by the
ML> system. Does it say something like this:

ML> "F:\UTI\TheBat\thebat.exe" %1

ML> Note the "%1" at the end, which sends the intended recipient address
ML> to TB. Without it, TB won't open the editing window.

My original protocol appeared as follows:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE BAT!\THEBAT.EXE

I had to put quotes around the program address and add the " %1"
(without the quotes) at the end. It ended up looking as follows:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE BAT!\THEBAT.EXE" %1

That fixed the problem.  Thanks a lot!

>> I'm using version 1.51 of The Bat!.

ML> You didn't say what OS you're using. What I said applied to Win2k
ML> and might be a little different from Win9x. I think the moderators
ML> have made it clear that it's advisable to include your OS
ML> information with your message, at least when you post questions.

I've added that information (from The Bat! FAQ).

 Bubba                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! %THEBATVERSION under %WINDOWSPLATFORMNAME
%WINDOWSMAJORVERSION.%WINDOWSMINORVERSION Build %WINDOWSBUILDNUMBER %WINDOWSCSDVERSION