Hello Thomas & others on this TB! list & following this thread,

Friday, April 13, 2001,  you asked whether:

T>>> Has anybody ever been able to delete the HTML part of a message with a
T>>> content-type text/html?

DH>> This is what I do:

DH>> I redirect the message

T> ... several months ago, I suggested that TB allows the deletion
T> of all HTML attachments, and for those messages that consist only
T> of an HTML message (where there is no plain text part), TB keeps
T> the plain-text part it generates. ... and many agreed with me ...

So would I. My suggestion is still just a work around (as Marck
mentioned) that requires changing to the outbox & back. Copying the
message to the outbox (instead of redirecting) would also provide a
work around, but this (copying) has proved exaggeratingly slow on my
machine (a slow cpu & 300+ folders may be involved). The message
could be dragged there instead, but the auto-way you suggested would
certainly be best (someone on another list mentioned that Eudora
does this - of course my reply was "I use TB!").

T> Since Ritlabs is a fast-working compnay, we I have been able to delete
T> more HTML attachments in a subequent version, but very seldom I still
T> come across one where the delete function for the HTML attachment is
T> greyed out from the context menu.

Right (and I did assume that this is probably worse on older versions
of TB! like mine.

T> I just want to know where we are, is this by design, is it a flaw, is
T> it only me? ...

My vote sides w/ your suggestion, but what counts is whether or not
you forwarded that to Stef & Max.

Douglas