Hello Thomas!

On Friday, May 18, 2001 at 6:00:20 PM you wrote:

> Because they are caught by the alternative, which is connected by OR:

No.

> IOW this fitler is moving your messages to trash if they come from
> you, OR (not exclusive) contain PGP-Basics anywhere in the header.
> Which will be true for all messages from that list.

The alternatives have nothing to do with PGP-Basics, they are for TB
lists and use TBOT, TBBETA, TBTECH OR TBUDL in Kludges Yes AND
dierkhaasis in Sender Yes. They work fine. I know that every set on
alternatives tab is connected to the other sets by OR. Every rule in
one set (either main or alternative) is connected by AND.

Overview

Main rule (one set): dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND PGP-Baiscs in
Subject Yes
Alternative rules: Set 1. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBOT in
Kludges Yes OR Set 2. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBBETA in Kludges
Yes OR Set 3. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBUDL in Kludges Yes OR
Set 4. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBTECH in Kludges Yes

Filter is active, moves filtered messages to Trash and marks them
read.

As told in another mail it now works with a change in the main rule:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in Sender Yes AND basics in Subject Yes.

I really would like to solve this riddle because I had a similar
problem some time ago with a similar filter. The problem couldn't be
solved; the logic of the filter then was OK.

PS: The "Mailinglist kill" filter nests at third position before TB!
and PGP lists filters, just behind Send keys and private, both of
which have nothing in common with following filters.

- --
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.53 Beta/8

Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

One thing about the past. It's likely to last. (Ogden Nash)