Hello Jan!

On Saturday, May 19, 2001 at 6:39:24 PM you wrote:

>   I understand there is no problem with the sender's name but I
>   guess my point is that what I suggested (and works) seems to be
>   a simpler approach. The common denominator is your sender name
>   which is why I've filtered on that rather than worrying about
>   where these msgs were going.

Perfectly right. the only problem with this approach would be messages
with my name in the sender field (maybe from badly programmed HTML
forms, or because messages are coming back). Perhaps I am only
paranoid ...

I remember - very nebulously - once getting mails with my name in the
sender field that I really wanted to read.

>   If you are trying to get a filter to work, then you might give
>   my suggestion a try as it works for me but if you are trying to
>   get an answer about why your current filter setup is not working
>   properly then, certainly, I have not answered this question.

As mentioned, with some slight changes, that are technically
equivalent, it now works.* But I had a similar problem some months ago,
which I solved by simply deleting the filter and from then on having
my own posts in TB!-lists folder killed manually.

>   Good luck. I'll be reading this thread with continued interest.

Thanx.

*For the logicians beneath us.

1. What I had: IF Sender partly ="dierkhaasis" AND Subject partly
="PGP-Basics" THEN move message to Trash. This killed all messages from
PGP-Basics

2. What works: IF Sender="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" AND Subject partly
="basics" THEN move message to Trash.

I continue this thread and our search because there could well be a
bug behind it.

- --
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.53 Beta/8

Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Peace: In international affairs, a period of cheating between two
periods of fighting. (Ambrose Bierce)