Hello Dierk,

On Saturday, May 19, 2001 10:55:27 [ +0200 GMT], you wrote the
following in regards to 'Filter problem':

Dierk> [...] Main rule (one set): dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND
Dierk> PGP-Baiscs in Subject Yes Alternative rules: Set 1.
Dierk> dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBOT in Kludges Yes OR Set 2.
Dierk> dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBBETA in Kludges Yes OR Set
Dierk> 3. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBUDL in Kludges Yes OR
Dierk> Set 4. dierkhaasis in Sender Yes AND TBTECH in Kludges Yes

Dierk> Filter is active, moves filtered messages to Trash and marks them
Dierk> read.

  Maybe I've misunderstood what the problem is but I have a
  similar filter which seems to work in once account for all
  folders for all mail lists that I subscribe to.

  There is a slight difference: I ask TB! to mark my msgs w a
  pre-defined color so I know to ignore them but I can use them
  for reference if needed. I understand your desire to dump them
  off your drive to save space; no argument w that logic. But
  here's my filter which should work w a minor modification.

  Focus: inbox
  Filter: Jan Rifkinson yes
  Actions: mark msgs red, set msg color

  Put this near (or @) the top of the filter list

  The modification needed for your purposes would be under
  Actions: delete msg (not off of server)

  Only if I used different sender names would I add an 'or' to
  the sender name.

  HTH

--
Jan Rifkinson