Hi, David,

You are not alone here. A month ago the mail of one half of our
employees disappeared (funny thing - affected were employees whose
last name began with P-Z). We used version 1.43 (or 1.44), network edition.
Not just the inbox, all of it. The folders became absolutely empty.
I don't think the OS is at fault - too many people on this list try to
explain the cause of these absolute disasters by blaming it all on the OS.
During this month, you are about the 6th or 7th person who reports this
error. If it were a reported bug which was fixed in the latest
versions, everyone would know about it. Unfortunately, I think one
cannot rely on The Bat being a rock-solid application - yet.
Personally, I use a local version of TB and it runs perfectly. The
network edition has proved quite unreliable - even the 1.52 release
(the other day an employee reported he has lost all mail after
returning from a vacation).

Can anyone at least take a shot at explaining what's going on?

Best regards,
Stas