Hello tbudl,

Ok I'm a complete novice on this...

I have several domain names but unfortunately the hosting provider
doesn't provide me with smtp access to send mail under these domains.
ie. I don't have an smtp server from the host which will allow me to
send mail.

This has meant I've had to try and find a work around. The best I've
found is using gmx.net to get a free account and then using advanced
smtp authentication (user number and password) and having to set the
'from' address to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The problem here is that a) it's
not very neat and b) if I subscribe to a mailing list with the account
the list will want confirmation from the 'from' address rather than
the account (because I'm having to give the from address
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rather than [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Which means unless
their's a web page confirmation screen I can't confirm.

So the question is...

Can I set-up my own smpt server. Is this possible on my PC or do I do
this on my webspace? (novice as I say). If so on either can anyone
suggest simple software I should use?

If anyone else has a better solution to the above problem I'd be glad
to hear that too. (or an existing smtp server I can have access to :))

Thanks

Andrew

 andrew                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using   The   Bat!  1.53d  on  Windows 98 4.10   Build  2222  A

http://at.omic.co.uk