Hallo Joseph,

JN> I'm trying to use The Bat! for a distribution (mailing) list, but it
JN> doesn't seem to work well in that capacity.  I have a list of many
JN> names, in a format such as:

JN> "Afirstname Alastname" <A.email.address>, "Bfirstname Blastname"
JN> <B.email.address>, "Cfirstname Clastname" <C.email.address>, etc.

In your previous posting you stated that you still had a message with
all addresses included in the "To:" header and I gave you this work
around:

 Press <Ctrl><Shift><F> (You create a filter) => Choose Edit
 => Check  "Manual Only" => Choose "Actions" tab => scroll down =>
 Check "Add address(es) to Address Book" => Choose "recipients" in the
 now available pull down menu => Choose the group you want all of them
 in.

 After creating this filter, you need to run it.
 Select the folder => right mouse button => Re-filter messages =>
 Check "Manual filters only" => Press OK

 In case you don't have a message with all addresses, but only your
 addresslist, you have to 'enhance' the above method. ;-)
 Open your addresslist with a text-editor. Wipe all "
 Insert at the beginning of the list %to"
 Add at the end of the list "
 Continue with a line like This is a test message
 Save this file as plain ascii under the name c:\test.tpl
 Now from the commandline start The Bat! with the following line:

  correctpath\thebat.exe/mailu=youraccount;t=c:\test.tpl

Insert for coorectpath the correct path to thebat.exe
Insert for youraccount the name of your account under TB

TB creates a message with all of your intended recipients. After
you've done this, you can now continue with the filtering method
mentioned above.
Good luck.

--
Groetjes, Roelof