On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, 12:29:37 PM, Gary wrote:

R>> Hit Ctrl-S and edit the text file you saved.

> Of course, that saves the email file independently on your HD (in txt
> format), but does not save the message within the TB!'s message base for
> later retrieval/searching after editing. What I am talking about is
> having the ability to edit mail that has arrived. It would be much
> easier to have the ability to edit an incoming message, shorten it by
> deleting unnecessary duplicated info, (as happens on so many of my
> e-groups) and have it stay where it is already, be that inbox or to
> another filtered folder.  Simply put, having the ability to edit
> incoming mail.  There are some MUAs that will allow this.

I've wished for this capacity in the past. I get notice of phone calls
via e-mail. When I was using Eudora, I could change to a different
color font and take notes right in the message. The only arguably
workable substitute I have come up with is to forward the message to
myself and take the notes in the forwarded message. This is really not
a very good alternative, especially if there are a series of phone
calls, or if one has to play phone tag in the process. There are lots
of good reasons why it would be helpful to be able to edit and
annotate e-mail inside TB!.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828