Hi .:Kevc978:.,

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:30:59 +0000GMT (15/11/2001, 14:30 +0800GMT),
.:Kevc978:. wrote:

NA>> If you really want to get rid of anything to do with MS, why don't you
NA>> simply wipe your HDD and install a Linux Distribution?

K> I knew someone would ask about Linux.. its not that i dont like it...
K> I havent actually EVER seen it in operation..

1:0 for Microsoft: "Users are familiar with Windows, that's why they
will stick to it." You have just confirmed MS's policy of making PC
vendors install Windows on each machine by default, is actually good.

K> but i dont want to install it mostly of fears of it looking like
K> DOS or something...

DOS looks a bit like unix, is more like it. However, the Linux
distributions with GUI (that make me shudder) try to look like
Windows.

K> also it would require some time to Get used to a whole new OS.

Correct. If you are serious about your first posting, this is what you
invest: time. Just saying "Microsft is bad, I want to avoid it" and
then chickening out of throwing it out, is wasting bandwidth.

K> Also a 1 GIG download over 56k isnt my best bet either.  i dont know
K> anyone with Disks of Linux.

Check again. Mandrake, SuSE, RedHat: everybody will send you the
disks.

And, AFAIK, you can even use your beloved Opera under Linux (somebody
correct me if I'm wrong). ;-)

f'up2 TBOT.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.