On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:16:47 -0800, Joe Finocchiaro [JF] graced us
with these comments:
JF> Allie, I'm confused (nothing new there, eh?). How could the "new"
JF> copy of The Bat! have my "old" Personal Address Book files already
JF> installed? +

It can't. :-) You were asking about trusted root ca and Intermediate
Root Ca. You can select those for backup if you made changes to them.
Otherwise, TB! will recreate those as it did with mine. Usually, the
only address books you need to backup are the personal ones. The
others may be backed up if you've made changes to them which makes
them now differ from the default.

JF> There apparently are a few "contacts" that are inherited by
JF> default (about The Bat!) when you first install The Bat!, but I'm
JF> talking about my *own* Personal Address Book. By default, it
JF> appears to come with a "check" in the Personal Address Book check
JF> box.

Well yes. The check has to be there because TB! cannot restore your
personal addresses unless you back it up. On the other hand, those
other address books you see are normally installed when you install
TB!. I backed up only my personal address book and this is how my
address book looks after I installed and restored TB!. As you can see,
TB! installed all the other address books with addresses.

http://www.geocities.com/acmartin.geo/address.png

JF> And what do "Trusted Root CA" and "Intermediate Root CA" mean?

These have to do with S/MIME and S/MIME key
verifications/certification.

--
©Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end-user
 PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1