Hello Yuki!

On 22 Dec 2001 at 11:26:34 you wrote:

> For anyone interested, Drive Image Pro 5 (I have no association at
> all with the folks that make this.) has got it down really pat now.
> Especially if you are using something like Norton Ghost, you really
> want to look into this, as it has truly become a "Ghost-killer".  You
> can image a partition so quickly now, and even without (yes, without)
> floppy disks.  Scheduling, the works.

I am still using Drive Image 2.xx which has only minor annoyances
(problems with automatic detection of drives larger than 4 GB, but it
use them; no direct support of CD-Writers). For partition imaging and
backup it always was a very good programme - long before Ghost became
available.

But, Yuki, there is one downside concerning these kind of backups:
Windows' registry. One has to back it up manually. I do it by copying
both DAT files by hand into my backup folder on another hard drive
regularly.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/19 on Windows 95 4.0 67306684 C

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.