On 28 Dec 2001, 10:47:54 AM, John Rainer wrote:

> The email scanner in 2002 works in a very different way to earlier
> versions and needs no email client configuration. The only automatic
> function seems to be autorepair, which pops up a dialog on every
> infected mail (infuriating) as it can't repair it, plus it picks up
> the tmp file created by the bat, presumably because the mail is
> intercepted in a different way from 2000/2001. To make things worse,
> what's left of any infected mail has most of its headers removed.
> I've heard that 2001 can be got to work in XP, so I might give it a
> try - that worked fine in Windows 2000.

I just received a message with a virus which was detected by NAV 2002.
While it didn't give me a choice to delete, the easy option was to hit
the quarantine button, which I did. The virus got quarantined, the
rest of the mail got collected, and I was able to locate the message
which had had the infected attachment. (I sent to the sender asking
that I be removed from the resident Outlook Express address book and
suggested that the machine be checked for infection. I sent a copy of
the message to the postmaster of the ISP in question and to abuse@
that address as well. The message to 'postmaster' bounced because her
mailbox was over quota!!)

Anyhow, my point is that NAV 2002 seemed to me to have behaved quite
adequately.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828