Hello Gerard,

It was foretold that on Monday, January 7, 2002 at 10:48 GMT +0100,
Gerard de Vries [GDV] would type:

GDV> There are no right's and wrongs here. It depends on the way you work.
GDV> The point I was trying to make is that if you have text marked an press
GDV> reply, it looks like you want to reply using only the marked text and I
GDV> feel the software should be smart enough to to recognise that.

Be a little careful here.  TB is using a template when you reply, so
really the template should take precedence.  Perhaps a new macro would
be the better way of doing what you need.  Something like
%QUOTESELECTED could by default give any selected text, and if none is
selected or you hit the quote modifier button (F4 or whatever), it
should quote the full text.

That way you really can *define* the behaviour you want instead of
changing the default.

<Note>
There is no such thing as a %QUOTESELECTED macro at this time.  I am
merely using it as a suggestion for a useful macro.
</Note>

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric.