On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:18:00 +0100, Luc wrote:

>RR> On Sunday, January 13, 2002, 4:24:39 PM, GeekMaster wrote:
>

>G>> PocoMail.  In some ways, it's less powerful than The Bat, but
>nobody works harder than PocoMail's
>G>> author at accomodating user requests in the mail client. HTML is
>nothing new, and despite the wishes of
>G>> some, it's not going to go away.  When The Bat makes the leap
>into the "new world", I will almost
>G>> certainly use it again, as so much of everything else that it
>does is virtually perfect.

>RR>    I'm just curious if anyone could give
>RR>    me some of the benefits/drawbacks of using PocoMail vs The

Well i use Poco for one day now and here are some of my findings:

1) I coulnd't get Poco to work behind a firewall and that suck big time!!

2) Poco has a more slicker, nicier interface. Works realy cool.

3) Multiple accounts are much easier under the Bat, in Poco you have to log in and out of the different accounts

4) mailinglist and extra's are only for the registered users.....

5) I like the HTML-editor of Poco.

6) Poco has a switch with which you can enable or disable HTML downloading within the message (The Bat lets you dubbleclick on the Attachment)

7) I like the colouring of unread folders

8) Making nested folders is easy.

9) Filtering is also very easy

10) Moveing folders up and down is not easy, that is i dont know yet how to do that.

11) I like the reports after downloading messages. You see in a glance what came in and was filtered where.

12) There is a powerfull scripting language on board though i dont know yet what to do with it ;-)

13) filtering a whole folder you have to select all the messages first ??? Bat does that BATTER ;-))

14) threading works quite oke but here also when i delete the first message in a thread sometimes the thread looks broken or the messagepointer goes to a message above the thread and the rest of the thread disapears below the message list.

15) what i found very annoying in the latest betas was that when a new mail arrives which is part of a thread and that 1st message is old, i have to go down the list to see that message. Earlier the newest messages in old threads were on top as i sorted them.

I could go on for a while but till now i realy like the slick interface of PocoMail a lot better than the Bat and also its HTML-possibility.

The Bat in my eyes is developping towards a more and more hightech mailer (I am an Unix "guru" for 12 years now so i know what i am talking about) I like also pretty mails and some cute decoration in my day to day mail-life!

Indeed all the bugs that are still there in the Bat is getting me finaly. Poco seems to be a lot more stable.

Well i will playing around for some time with Pocomail and see how things develop. But going back to the Bat is like stepping in an old (but good driving) car ;-))))]

Cheers

Ray