@ 22:20:56 +0200 [ Thu, 11 Apr 2002], Brien King [BK] wrote these
words of wisdom:
BK> Ok, here are my items that I would like.

Just a few comments on some of your wishes. :-)

BK> 1) Should have the option in filters to ignore the quoted text.
BK> I've had problems where messages get routed based on my Sig that
BK> was in quoted in a reply. For example, I have "Cart Commander"
BK> route to its own mail box, my Sig contains "Cart Commander" in it
BK> and the message may get routed to the "Cart Commander" mailbox
BK> even though its not related to "Cart Commander". If I could check
BK> an option that says "Ignore Quoted Text" this would help eliminate
BK> a lot of false routings.

Ok, but isn't it better to choose another string to filter on. I find
it difficult to believe that the only way to identify 'Cart Commander'
messages is to look for the string in the message body. It's a funny
wish considering.

BK> 2) Re-Filter Messages from the Folder Menu appears to only filter
BK> on the In-Box. I would like to see this work on which ever folder
BK> I have selected. I like to organize my folders as much as possible
BK> and I am constantly making adjustments based on the number and
BK> types of E-mails I may get over time.

The re-filtering works on all folders. The only filtering that is
confined only to the Inbox is the Inbox filter rules set being run
automatically. Otherwise you can manually apply the Inbox, replied or
read messages filter sets to any folder.

Or are you referring to automatic filtering of other folders using the
Inbox filter set?

BK> 6) On the Filters Dialog "Alternatives Tab", rather than using a
BK> TScrollBox, it should be changed to a TListView (or my much
BK> preferred alternative TVirtualTree). This would make it easier to
BK> read and manage.

The filters interface should be soon undergoing a revamp. I'm
surprised it hasn't yet. I guess that's for version 2.

BK> 7) Allow me to turn Image Scaling OFF for the internal viewer. I
BK> get pics of screen shots, and when they are scaled down, they
BK> become unreadable. I would much prefer to able to just use the
BK> scroll bars.

Have you tried just double clicking on the image icon in the
attachments bar instead of clicking on the image tab. Double clicking
the icon will still use the internal viewer, but opens the image in
actual size.

<moderator>

If you wish to make a new query, which really is to post a new message
on a new subject to the list, you should hit the new message button
instead of simply replying to someone else's message and changing the
subject.

Replying to someone elses message will create unwanted references to
the message being replied to, and your new message to the list will be
threaded with the message referred to in the headers.

If you find creating a new message inconvenient and you really prefer
replying to another to get a post on a new topic going, then you can
still do so without causing threading problems if you delete the
'follow-up' headers by enabling the 'follow-up' to header field in
your editor (View/follow-up To) as shown in the screenshots.

http://www.geocities.com/acmartin.geo/edit.png
http://www.geocities.com/acmartin.geo/reply.png

You then delete the contents of the 'follow-up' field when the reply
message appears in the editor.

</moderator>

- --
Allie C Martin  --  List Moderator and fellow end user
PGP Key - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=2B0717E2

ŪTB! v1.60c on Windows XP 5.1.2600
_