> On Thursday, April 11, 2002, 4:00:55 PM, you wrote:

> In a message dated, Fri, 12 Apr 2002 00:14:11 +0200, Brien King [BK]
> wrote:

> Funny here meant 'odd', not laughable. :-) Odd, meaning that it's
> unlikely that one would really need such functionality, considering
> the power already inherent in TB!'s filtering. Anyway, let's see...

> Is Cart Commander a mailing list? Are you running a support service or
> something?

Allie,

Cart Commander is a program I wrote for tracking classic gaming collections.

The typical email I get is like this:

---------------------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Hi!

I just saw your Cart Commander program and wanted to know <blah>.

Signed,

Blah

---------------------

These get filtered to my "Cart Commander" box. I use filtering so I can
prioritize my emails based on where they get routed to.  If I know its a CC
message and I'm busy I can ignore them and then address them when I have time.
I get around 100+ messages a day (including SPAM) and I use Filtering to help
prioritize my messages and filter out the garbage.

It makes it harder to prioritize an item if it inadvertently gets routed to the
wrong place.   By leaving out the Quoted portion of the message, I can then
route based on the new information in the message.

Now I can work around it by putting my full tag line in the filter and have it
say that its NOT present, however, there could be other situations that I
haven't thought of yet. The suggestion simply makes the filters more powerful
than they already are for what I would imagine would be very little effort
(assumption on my part).

This is not a huge issue with me, its just a "Wish".

--
Brien King
[EMAIL PROTECTED]