In TheBat! 1.60h I have the following settings:

Account | Properties | Mail management
  (*) Leave mesages on server
    [v] Delete message from server when it is removed from the Trash

Account | Properties | Options
  [v] Empty Trash folder on exit

When I delete an e-mail, the message goes to the Trash folder.  When I
exit TheBat! 1.60h, all messages in the Trash folder get deleted.  When I
run TheBat! 1.60h again, no messages appear in the Trash folder.  However,
when I click Account | Dispatch Mail On Server | All Messages, I see the
message(s) on the mail server showing the Delete checkbox checked, but the
message(s) do not delete from the mail server.  The message appear marked
for deletion and always remain there.

How can I get TheBat! 1.60h to remove these messages on the mail server
based on the above settings?

According to TheBat! 1.60h Help file:

  Mail management Settings

  Delete message from server when it is removed from Trash - use
  this option if you want your messages to be kept on the server
  until you delete them and they are removed from the trash folder.

--
Using The Bat! v1.60h
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2