On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 9:19:19 PM, Allie C Martin wrote:

ACM> Mark Knipfer [MK] wrote:
MK>> How can I get TheBat! 1.60h to remove these messages on the mail
MK>> server based on the above settings?

ACM> To narrow the problem down, have you tried deleting messages from the
ACM> trash manually or with a purge operation and seeing how TB! deals
ACM> with it the next time a mail check is performed? If it works under
ACM> those circumstances, it would seem that the feature doesn't work
ACM> across shutdown and restarts of TB!.

Update..

Steps to reproduce bug and delete messages from mail server:

1. Send an e-mail to yourself "Subject: Test 1".

2. Receive the "Subject: Test 1" message.

3. Delete the "Subject: Test 1" message to the Trash folder.

4. Exit TheBat! 1.60h.

5. Run TheBat! 1.60h. The message from the Trash folder is done. click
Account | Dispatch Mail On Server | All Messages and the "Test 1" message
is still there.

6. Send another test e-mail to your self "Subject: Test 2".

7. Receive the "Subject: Test 2" message.  Delete it to the Trash folder.

8. Exit TheBat! 1.60h.

9. Run TheBat! 1.60h. Click Account | Dispatch Mail On Server | All
Messages and you will notice the "Test 1" message is no longer present on
the mail server and the "Test 2" message is still on the mail server and
marked for deletion.  If you exit and run TheBat! 1.60h again and again,
the "Test 2" message remains marked for deletion on the mail server.

However, if you send a "Test 3" message, receive and delete the message,
then the "Test 2" message will get deleted from the mail server when it
has already been deleted from the Trash folder much earlier.  This is
definitely a bug in TheBat! 1.60h.  If this feature actually worked
correctly, this would be great.

If you want to delete the message(s) marked for deletion on the mail
server on the last exit, the next time you run TheBat! you will need to
manually delete them from the mail server through the Dispatch Mail On
Server | All Messages feature.

I wonder when RIT Labs will fix this bug.  I am thinking about switching
over to TheBat! and this is one main feature I would like to use.

--
Using The Bat! v1.60h
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2