On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, 9:44:21 PM, Allie C Martin wrote:

ACM> I just tried it and it works over here. I sent myself some messages
ACM> with your configuration. Checked the server. The messages were there
ACM> and marked as read. I deleted the messages and they were still there
ACM> on the server. I then deleted them from the trash, did a mail check
ACM> so that TB! could delete the messages and then checked the server ..
ACM> they were gone.

ACM> I then tried it across a shutdown, and it also worked. Remember that
ACM> TB! does the deletion upon the next mail check. If you shutdown and
ACM> restart, it's when you check for mail for the first time that TB!
ACM> updates the server, deleting the relevant messages.

In TheBat! 1.60h here are my pertinent settings:

Account | Properties | Mail management
  (*) Leave messages on server
    [v] Delete message from server when it is removed from the Trash

Account | Properties | Options
  [ ] Check mailbox at start-up
  [v] Periodical checking each         [3 ] [minutes ]
  [v] Empty Trash folder on exit

When I deleted an e-mail to the Trash folder, exited and ran TheBat!
again, I was not waiting long enough for TheBat! to check e-mail based on
my time interval setting.  If I had (or have) "Check mailbox at start-up"
feature selected, then TheBat! would have deleted the marked e-mails for
deletion on the mail server.

This feature is working in TheBat! 1.60h.  I was just too impatient with
the almost correct TheBat! settings.  :)

Thank you for your help and patience.

--
Using The Bat! v1.60h
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2