Hello James,

On Mon, 13 May 2002 22:08:52 -0400GMT (14-5-02, 4:08 +0200GMT, where I
live), you wrote:

JVH> The Bat has so many things, but I feel more concentration on spam
JVH> features is necessary.

I think it has lots of possibilities already.

JVH> 1. The Bat needs a way to a import a large list of spam keywords
JVH> and phrases.

The bigger the list, the easier to trigger non spam messages.

JVH> 2. Yahoo has a one click "Block this sender" feature. The Bat
JVH> needs a one click "This is spam" feature.

Create a spam filter based on an Address Book group, with a click on
the Sender you can add the address to the spam AB group.

JVH> 3. A point system could be implemented. The Bat should count spam
JVH> keywords, and tally up the points. Then automatically direct them
JVH> into folders like:
JVH> Inbox
JVH> Possibly Spam
JVH> Most likely Spam
JVH> Spam Trash

I wouldn't like three spam folders. I hardly get spammed, because I'm
carefull wqhere I publish my address. And that's the best way to
prevent spam.

JVH> 4. All spam should be "marked as read". I don't want to see the
JVH> bat wings flying for incoming spam emails.

That's a simple action that can be added to your spam filter

--
Groetjes, Roelof