Hi [EMAIL PROTECTED],
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:17:33 -0700, you wrote:

> Hello Listbuds,
>
> I've been reading about the spamcop and filtering, I periodically
> receive email from "me" that is not sent from me. If I look at
> the view headers, it says it came from me! How can this be? Now,
> I've submitted this to spamcop.. and it just dawned on me that
> they may ban regular email addres as spam!!! do you have any
> ideas on what to do or how to stop this?

Sometimes the spammers use special software that take the email it's sending to,
and use the same from address.  They repeat this on all the emails they send, so
[EMAIL PROTECTED] will have got an email from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] will
get an email from [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Usually Spamcop is smart enough to realise
that both the to, and from addresses are the same, and discard them.  The
information it is really after is the headers from which the mail came from.  If
you notice when you go to submit the email, there are check boxes showing you
who it is contacting... normally references to the From: case are unchecked
because 99% of the time, they're fake.  Next time you get an email like that,
before submitting, check the reports, and ensure that none are being sent about
the From address.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])