Hello Jason,

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:16:18 -0400 GMT (29/07/02, 23:16 +0700 GMT),
Jason Gottschalk wrote:

JG> He receives large attachments from a variety of people, and most of
JG> them are being corrupted when they are transferred out of the bat,
JG> either to the hard drive or to a viewer.

So he can see them alright from within TB, i.e. he does not transfer
(save?) them out of The Bat?

JG> Where can I look for a resolution to this?

What's your OS and RAM? Are you on a network or on a stand-alone PC?

JG> Wednesday, April 17, 2002, 7:08:02 PM, you wrote:

I didn't see Eddy's original message.

EG>> I am currently evaluating The Bat! I started with 1.60 and
EG>> just recently installed 1.60c.

OS? RAM size?

EG>> Also unfortunate is the fact that the ZIP file was received just
EG>> fine by her, but corrupted by The Bat.

The only thing I can imagine is that it has to do with the RAM, or you
are using XP (which seems to behave in unexpected ways sometimes). I
have never heard this before, but now Jason has confirmed a similar
problem (the attachments are received OK and get corruptedonly when
being saved to disk seperately).

EG>> P.S. Is there any way to prevent TB from adding the stupid X-Rcpt-To:
EG>>      header? It seems that even if you send a message to a bunch of
EG>>      people, TB always adds an "X-Rcpt-To:" header with the email
EG>>      address of the last person on the list or CC: line. Very annoying.

I do not have such a header. It must be your ISP adding it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"Don't forget your wife's name . . . that will mess up the love."
(Roger, 8)

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM