Hello List,

On Sunday, September 8, 2002 at 2:36:05 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote (at
least in part):

> Is it possible to force messages I receive to wrap at, say, 80 or 90
> characters per line?

First the answer: no.

I've submitted a 'feature request' for v2+ for having an option like
XNews has: <Alt>+L working in 'Viewer' too.

> I'm spending more and more time every day having to Alt-L paragraphs
> in messages I reply to or just read, especially from Hotmail, Yahoo
> , etc. accounts and it's incredibly annoying.

You'd be a good model if you'd have set up your installation to
respect the common used values too.
90 characters ain't that widely used, 70-78 is quite more common.
Next is to avoid white spaces in front of punctuation, that avoids
results like in the former shown paragraph, last line, when rewrapping
is done.

> When I ask people to set up their email program or account properly
> most don't bother... All this wastes a lot of my time!

Than don't rewrap. Send them their stuff as it is received at your
side.
Or use a re-wrap macro as for example given here:

http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/Library.html

> Best regards,

> Miles
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Using The Bat! v1.53d on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

> Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBUDL" information:
> http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

And last but not least: use a signature delimiter.
Not using one is wasting _our_ time (when manually cropping) or
bandwidth (when not manually cropping).
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

"See no evil...well maybe just a little...yeah!" - Joel