Dear Dierk,

Going back 22:11 30.08.2002...

> This happens when - as the message states - a task is pending, usually
> a broken connection, which TB! tries to establish.

I'd like to go back on this, even if it's already a bit older ;)

I *often*, meaning once to twice per day, have to kill TB "the hard
way" (Win2k process manager - Kill process thebat.exe), because of
such broken connections, which do not want to be aborted.

Is there anything that one can do? It happens somewhat exclusively on
servers that use SSL connections, and most of times even before TB
logs into the POP3 server. I'm running 1.62b4. Once, I let TB run, and
after more than 3 hours (!), I killed it because it really wouldnt
sort this our on it's own.

Thanks for any clues :)

Vale!
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
        You never know who is right,
but you always know who is in charge.